In the course of serving you as an individual client or as someone associated with a corporate or institutional client, LIFEROAST.COM (reffered as LR throughout this document) may obtain personal information about you. Obtaining this information is important to our ability to deliver the highest level of service to you, but we also recognize that you expect us to treat this information appropriately.
This policy describes the types of personal information we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy.
The Sources of Information
The personal information we collect about you comes primarily from the account applications or other forms and materials you submit to LR during the course of your relationship with us. We may also collect information about your transactions and experiences with LR relating to the products and services LR provides.
The Information We Have about You
If you deal with LR as member the information we require about you is:
- Your email address, chosen user name, country and unique member identifier (ID) that is generated during registration, remains the same throughout your membership in encrypted form and is used only visible to server side content delivery scripts.
- In case of prize winnings, we will require your physical address for delivery means.
Of course, you are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request. However, failure to do so may result in us being unable to open or maintain your account or to provide some site functionality to you. While we make every effort to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you can help us considerably in this regard by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your personal information.
If you deal with LR only as visitor the information we gather about you is:
- Your IP address and temporary visitor identifier (TEMP_ID) generated when you post comment.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Contact you during contests by email to inform about contest results (which usually should not be more often than quarterly);
- Inform you by email about new comments or your uploaded content removal.
If your relationship with LR ends, LR will remove your email and other contact data immediately unless you have been winner of at least one contest and received prize from us.
We DO NOT use any newsletter or Email subscription services.
Disclosures of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
LR does not disclose your personal information to third parties, except cases when we have to deliver your prize. In these cases we will have to get your confirmation through separate website form after you will be informed about your winnings.
Under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations; for instance, when responding to a subpoena or similar legal process, to protect against fraud and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or with organizations such as exchanges and clearinghouses if such cases occur.
You should know that LR will not sell your personal information.
Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
LR is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized LR employees or agents and, as described above in Disclosures of Your Personal Information to Third Parties, are held to stringent standards of privacy. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. Some of the other central features of our information security program are:
- The use of specialized technology data encoding where possible;
- Testing of the security and operability of products and services before they are introduced to the Internet, as well as ongoing scanning for publicly known vulnerabilities in the technology;
- Internal and external reviews of our Internet sites and services;
- Monitoring of our systems infrastructure to detect weaknesses and potential intrusions.
Privacy and the Internet
The following additional information will be of interest to you as a visitor to this site:
- Security is a cooperative effort between LR and the users of the LR Web sites. Please remember that your password personal to you and should not be made available to any other person. Also, you should discontinue their use and notify us if you have any reason to suspect that someone else may be using them. We are tracking unsuccessful logins.
- “Clickstream” data (e.g., information regarding which of our Web pages you access, the frequency of such access, and your product and service preferences) may be collected by LR itself, or by our service providers, using cookies, Web beacons, page tags, or similar tools that are set when you visit our Web site or when you view an advertisement we have placed on another Web site. Clickstream data and similar information may be shared internally within LR and used: for administrative purposes; to assess the usage, value and performance of our online products and services; to improve your experience with our Web sites; and as otherwise permitted by applicable law or regulation.
- LR may make available on this Web site third party applications such as content linking or sharing facilities. Information collected by providers of such applications is governed by their privacy policies.
Other Privacy Policies or Statements; Changes to Policy
This policy provides a general statement of the ways in which LR protects your personal information. You may, however, in connection with specific products or services offered by LR, be provided with privacy policies or statements that supplement this policy. This policy may be changed from time to time to reflect changes in our practices concerning the collection and use of personal information. The revised policy will be effective immediately upon posting to our Web site. This version of the Policy is effective March 10, 2011.